If you disagree with a SEND decision

Find out what to do if you disagree with a decision

If you think something is not right, there are a few options you can take.

Family support groups

Local family support groups can help you navigate the process.

Search for local support groups

SEND information, advice and support service (SENDIASS)

SENDIASS can offer impartial advice on your situation. They support you in getting your views across.

Find out more about SENDIASS

Families InFocus

Families InFocus provide confidential, independent, practical and emotional support. This can include advice on disability benefits applications, housing and social care issues.

They can help you understand the Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) process. They also help with preparing for and attending tribunals.

Find out more about Families InFocus

Mediation and tribunals

If other options are not working for you, there is a more formal process. This is called mediation and tribunals.


Find out more about raising a concern or complaint.