If you’ve tried these options and do not reach an agreement

You must contact an independent mediation adviser. You will discuss if mediation might help to solve the problem.

You’ll have a meeting with an adviser. Both you and the local authority share and explain views. The adviser makes sure the focus is on the needs of the child or young person. They will try to help you reach agreement on the points of dispute.

Mediation may also include other people such as someone from the child or young person’s school or college.

You can withdraw from mediation at any time if you want to stop. 

The current provider for mediation and dispute resolution in Essex is Global Mediation.