Raising a concern

Raise a concern at school

If there's an issue at school, the first people to speak to are your child's teacher and the school's Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO). 

Find out more about help available at school

Who to speak to about a SEND service

If you disagree with a decision from a SEND service, the best people to speak to are SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS). They offer impartial advice on what you can do, such as making an appeal.

Email: send.iass@essex.gov.uk

Phone: 01245 204 338

Complaints about council services

To make a complaint about a council service, such as social care, go to essex.gov.uk