Crisis support

If you are in crisis and need help, there are teams who can help you

If you are in immediate danger, call 999 

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, call Samaritans on 116 123 or email 

If you are in crisis, there are teams who can help you. 

Report a concern about a child 

If you’re concerned about a child, you can find advice on how to report a concern about a child on

Mental health support

You can call the Children's and Adolescent's Mental Health Service (CAMHS) at any time.

Phone: 0800 953 0222

They offer access to mental health and emotional wellbeing care and support. The number is free to call. Support is available across Essex for:

  • children and young people
  • their families or carers

How to request social care support 

If you're a parent or carer, child or young person and you need support, you can get in touch. 

Phone: 0345 603 7627 and ask for the Children's Line. 

Our advisors will listen to your concerns and try to find the right level of support for you and your family. 

You can also fill in our online Request for Support form

Find out more about children’s social care on