Who should get a One Plan 

If your child or young person has been identified as having SEND, you, as the parent or carer must be informed about what support is being put in place. 

Your child or young person should go on to the educational setting’s special educational needs register, they should get a One Plan.

All children are supported in school through everyday practice. In Essex, we have a framework called the Ordinarily Available Inclusive Teaching Framework.

This is best practice that helps all pupils to learn.  If your child requires more support than that offered by the Ordinarily Available Inclusive Teaching Framework universal level of support, then the school should talk to you about putting a One Plan in place. This offers further support to monitor your child’s progress.