Essex Local Offer Roadshows
Who the roadshows can help
These are in person events for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
You do not need any diagnosis to come and get help at a roadshow. You may:
- be new to SEND and unsure what help is available
- feel your child needs help or have questions about the support they already receive
- want to find out what support there is for you as a parent or carer
- not be sure what support you might need
What you can get out of a roadshow
There are many different professionals who can help you under one roof. This includes local support groups, education professionals, health teams and social care teams.
- access support and information
- understand the different services available
- find out about support available in schools
- find out about local support, such as parent groups
- meet other carers and parents
What to expect on the day
You can drop in when it’s convenient for you, without booking. Groups and teams will have their own stalls.
At the welcome desk, you'll see people wearing 'here to help' badges. They can help with any access needs and help you find the best people for you to speak to. They can give you pen and paper if you want to take notes.
You can explore the different stalls, ask questions, have tea and coffee. Quieter areas for discussion are available too.
How often the roadshows happen
These events happen three times a year, in spring, summer and autumn. One for every school term.
There are 4 locations to choose from, mid Essex, north-east Essex, west Essex and south Essex.
Find the next roadshow near you: