How it can help
1st With Education are an outreach service offering tuition and mentoring. They offer support to students not currently accessing mainstream education or at risk of exclusion.
They offer a number of subjects across the curriculum. They also offer a range of qualifications including functional skills and GCSEs.
0 to 25 with an EHCP
A pupil is eligible for alternative provision if they:
- have been permanently excluded
- are unable to attend school because of illness for 15 days or more, and the school is unable to provide suitable education during that time
- need off-site provision to improve their behaviour
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan and the Local Authority considers that it would be inappropriate for the child’s needs to be delivered in a school setting
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan and are awaiting a suitable school placement
How to access
The local council or your child’s school will arrange alternative provision.
If your child is being placed in alternative education by Essex County Council, the provider must be approved and included on the Individual Packages of Education (IPES) framework. This provider has been successful in meeting the required standard and is approved to provide IPES support in Essex.