How it can help
They offer tuition services to young people. They focus on attendance, reintroduction to learning and engagement. They use informed interventions to remove barriers to learning.
They aim to provide each child with a positive education experience to support them to transition into a placement.
Tuition is tailored to the student's individual needs.
up to 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
A pupil is eligible for alternative provision if they:
- have been permanently excluded
- are unable to attend school because of illness for 15 days or more, and the school is unable to provide suitable education during that time
- need off-site provision to improve their behaviour
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan and the Local Authority considers that it would be inappropriate for the child’s needs to be delivered in a school setting
- have an Education, Health and Care Plan and are awaiting a suitable school placement
How to access
The local council or your child’s school will arrange alternative provision.
If your child is being placed in alternative education by Essex County Council, the provider must be approved and included on the Individual Packages of Education (IPES) framework. This provider has been successful in meeting the required standard and is approved to provide IPES support in Essex.
Term time only